experience the Kalahari with bushman trackers
Ghanzi - Kalahari
2017 $530 - $1010
Ghanzi - Kalahari - DRY Camp
Price Range (2018)
$530 - $1010
Dinaka has recently been purchased by the Ker Downey group, and we expect great things as well as an an uplift of the camp.
Currently under a rebuild, Dinaka is expected to open in March 2018... we will keep you posted.
Botswana Wildlife Safaris
+267 76061186 | email@example.com
Dry Camp with Game Drives, Bushman Walks and experiences
On the northern boundary of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Light aircraft transfer to the airstrip then private transfer to camp
Bush Lodge with 6 tents
Children of all ages accepted with conditions
(the longer the line... the stronger the emphasis)
During your stay at Dinaka, you can expect to see a wide array of animals, from the antelope – eland, kudu, gemsbok, impala, springbok and steenbok – to the reptiles, insects, birds and small mammals like the Honey Badger and porcupine – to the predators – the Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard and brown hyenas.
Game drives - Both during the day and at night. Watch the vast landscape transform as the sun sets and darkness settles in over the bush revealing new creatures and night-calls.
• Nature walks with Bushmen trackers –Learn from, or simply enjoy being in the presence of someone who is as much a part of the African bush as the sand you walk on or the sky you walk under.
• Stargazing - The night sky is a diamond studded wonder. Astronomy courses can be provided by special arrangement.
• Sundowners on a raised hide overlooking a waterhole – With a drink of your own, watch a myriad of animals quench their thirst after a long day in the African sun.
• A sleep out in the hide –Bed down next to the waterhole and experience the thrill of nature by night. Sleep outs are arranged upon request.
• Photographic safaris - capture moments of the Kalahari; perhaps a dew-lit sunrise or the giant African bullfrog in a rain filled pan...
• Birding safaris – with over 200 positively identified bird species, the central Kalahari truly is a birders paradise.
An intimate lodge on the northern boundary of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Dinaka Safari Lodge provides you with real home comforts without losing its authentic bush feel.
Dinaka Safari Lodge offers an explosion of colourful birdlife, herds of graceful antelope and prides of Africa's fiercest predators – the Kalahari black-maned lion.
The spacious main lodge is furnished with comfort in mind and provides you with lounges, both a dining and bar area, and a splash pool for those hotter months. To minimise any effects on the pristine natural environment the camp is 100% solar operated.
A small lodge of only 6 tents, Dinaka Safari Lodge is able to provide you with real home comforts without losing its authentic bush feel. Two of the tents are family tents and able to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
Each tent is a private hideaway, nestled under the branches of the ‘Purple Pod’ trees; they blend in with the natural surroundings. All tents have an en-suite bathroom, with an open air shower and flushing toilet, along with a dressing area, and a bedroom with large white linen covered beds (king size or 2 singles). At the entrance to each tent is a covered veranda that overlooks the permanent waterhole we created – a perfect spot to relax after a day of new sights and sounds.
Dinaka Safari Lodge is situated on a 20 000 hectare private game ranch on the northern boundary of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. It is centred around a permanent waterhole, making it as beautiful as it is remote.
The lodge is approximately 100km west of Rakops, the nearest village and fuelling point, and 140km south of Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
start your safari here...
© 2017 SAFARI LIFESTYLES